Quality Analyst - Software Tester
As a part of the organization as a QA Engineer, you will be responsible for developing, applying and maintaining quality standards for products of EXFO's fiber-optics test and measurement instruments. You will be responsible for creating test plans including gathering test requirements, use-cases/test plan creation and Risk assessment. Demonstrate competence in own area; may still be acquiring higher level skill. Identifies unusual technical problems and escalates them for resolution. Works with limited guidance on projects within defined criteria. Provides solutions to a diverse range of moderately complex problems.
Conduct Trainings: Conduct training sessions for other team members.
Test Execution: Includes running automated/manual tests and applications.
Test Reporting: Includes providing management with electronic reports on defect data.
Defect Management: Includes defining, tracking and retesting defects.
Process Improvement: Includes providing regular feedback to the management on the effectiveness of the QA process.
- You are known for your excellent knowledge of SDLC;
- You have extensive experience on manual and automated testing;
- You are known in completing the assigned tasks with minimum supervision with high quality and on time;
- You are known to rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job;
- You have exposure to programming language like C++ or C# with object oriented design concepts;
- You have exposure to telecom & datacom domain;
- Follows disciplined software development practices.
- You are meticulous and very organized;
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- You have excellent interpersonal skills;
- You will not hesitate to ask questions and call upon the knowledge of your coworkers to make sure you produce the best possible documentation for our customers;
- You are a team player, who goes out of his /her way to help the team members, when ever possible.
- You are a person who is more people oriented, with a skill to talk to people and get the required info.
Academic and professional requirement:
Education: BE/B Tech/ MCA/ MCS/ M.Sc. Comp Science (Candidates from Electronics & Telecom will be preferred).
Pertinent experience: You have minimum 2 years of experience in the field of Software Quality Assurance.
Language: Excellent written and spoken English.
If you are interested in this position, please mail your CV in word format to email@example.com. Please remember to specify the title of the position for which you are applying.